Call for Participation: ICIRA 2020 Doctoral Consortium
The aim of ICIRA 2020 Doctoral Consortium is to provide a unique platform for local postgraduate students (Master & Ph.D) to present and discuss their ongoing research work with others, as well as interact with experienced researchers in the field. The students will also be guided by a panel of distinguished researchers from Computer Vision/Image Processing domain, where they will receive constructive feedbacks on future direction or publication. The Doctoral Consortium meeting, which will be held virtually this year.
The panelists are
- Chee Seng Chan, University of Malaya (Google Scholar)
- Iman Yi Liao, University of Nottingham Malaysia (Google Scholar)
- John See, Multimedia University (Google Scholar)
- Kok Sheik Wong, Monash University Malaysia (Google Scholar)
Students must now attach with local (Malaysia) institution, conducting research in Computer Vision/Image Processing related domain and have a specific research proposal and some preliminary results.
Students that meet the eligibility requirements should submit an application containing the following:
- Four-page research manuscript summarizing the applicant’s research and progress to date. Introduction, problem statement, research objective, background, proposed methodology, and preliminary results should be included.
- Applicant’s up-to-date CV as supplementary material (Provide a concise summary of your current curriculum vitae, including research publications).
- The title and author list of the paper that will be presented at the consortium.
Submit applications here (https://forms.gle/vzvoZ3kMijJVsmSM7). Please ensure that all the requested information is provided; incomplete applications will be rejected.
If all applications cannot be supported, the Doctoral Consortium committee will review and select candidates via a curation process that considers both research quality and additional factors. Our goal is to identify a set of students who will benefit significantly from the event and support each other in the future.
15 October 2020 (25 October 2020)
Notification of acceptance:
22 October 2020 (28 October 2020)
Fees: USD 100
Please contact Chern Hong Lim (email@example.com) if you have any inquiry.